Friday, April 3, 2009

Chloe's Birthday Outfit

Wow, I have been busy! Since my last post I've made Chloe's b-day outfit, sold a batch of onesies and hats to a local shop, and made a bunch of stuff for my etsy shop. First, I have to show off the pics of Chloe's outfit...I'm so excited about how it turned out! It began with a plan to just make a shirt, and turned into an entire coordinated outfit.

I started with a ready-made white tee shirt, then made sleeves and added them (my first time!). Then I stuffed, appliqued, and beaded the felt cupcake. When I was done, I decided to make a skirt out of the same b&w fabric, and I love how it turned out. The pictures don't capture it, but I did pink zig-zag stitching around the skirt about every 7th row, and gave a lettuce edge to the hem of the skirt and sleeves. For the final touch, I appliqued a felt "4" on the back of her shirt and made a matching hair bow.

What do you think?!?

















No comments:

Post a Comment