Saturday, February 7, 2009

Silly Sunhat or Simple Strawberry Shortcake?

I started out doing just a basic single-crochet spiral as the base for a crown hat. Somewhere along the line, I made it too large and flat (blame it on crocheting while watching Grey's). Rather than undo it all, I just kept going and decided to make Chloe a beret. Then I decided to keep going and make her a sunhat. Then I decided to add white picot edging. Then I decided to add some little stitchy lines around the middle. My next step was going to be a HUGE flower, but the more I look at it, just don't know. I'm starting to think the edging is a bit much...

My constant dilemma....where have I crossed the line between just right and too much????
Do I keep the edging and add a flower and just make it her silly sun hat, or do I take it off and go back to the simpler, yet still way cute Strawberry Shortcake style?

Hmmm.......

Oh, that's Puffcorn Chloe is gnawing on....I had to plead with her to hold still for a pic, so I guess I'll take what I can get, eh? (:











No comments:

Post a Comment