Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Kiddo Tote

I made Chloe this tote bag to carry her blanket and other necessities to preschool. I started out one night at about 10 p.m., thinking I'd make her a simple little purse out of the heart fabric she'd picked out. I changed my mind, deciding to make a tote for practical use. Then I decided to add interfacing and lining, because if you're going to do it, do it right. Right? Next I thought, "hey, why not a pocket on the front?"...which then led to the hand-appliqued lettering....

What started out as an intended 30-minute project ended up keeping me awake and stitching till 3:30 a.m. I would have stopped, but of course I wanted it done for her to carry her clothes in to her dance recital the next day. Needless to say, I was a little bleary-eyed in the morning. (:












No comments:

Post a Comment